UK: Nestle UK confectionery MD Rennie takes Europe VP role
- Nestle's confectionery MD Rennie appointed VP of Nestlé Zone Europe
David Rennie has held the MD confectionery role since January 2009
The managing director for Nestle's confectionery business in the UK, David Rennie, has been appointed VP of the group's European operations.
Rennie, who has led the Kit Kat firm's UK confectionery unit since January 2009, will be tasked with overseeing a number countries and categories in the newly-created position, the company said today (29 August).
He will be succeeded by Ciaran Sullivan, currently managing director of Nestle's dairy venture with Lactalis in the UK and Ireland.
Nestlé Confectionery Managing Director moves to Zone Europe Operations
David Rennie currently Managing Director of Nestlé Confectionery UK & Ireland, has been appointed to the role of Vice President Nestlé Zone Europe Operations.
David has been Managing Director of Nestlé Confectionery UK & Ireland since January 2009. During his time in confectionery he has been responsible for delivering exceptional business results with the business outperforming the market for four years in a row.
He has also been responsible for driving major innovations including the introduction of Rowntree's Randoms, achieving no artificial colours, flavours and preservatives across the entire confectionery range, as well as the launch of the Nestlé Cocoa Plan brought to life through the Fairtrade certification of Kit Kat four finger.
In his new role David will oversee a number of countries and categories, building on learnings gained from the UK confectionery operation.
David will be succeeded by Ciaran Sullivan, currently Managing Director of Lactalis Nestlé Chilled Dairy UK & Ireland.
Ciaran joined Lactalis Nestlé Chilled Dairy (LNCD) UK & Ireland as Managing Director in November 2009. Since then LNCD UK & Ireland has been one of the strongest performing Chilled Dairy businesses in the UK while introducing a significant number of new products across both UK and Europe such as Yorkie Crème Dessert , Aero Finesse and Nestle Split Pots. Prior to this Ciaran was Country Manager for Nestlé Ireland for six years.
Original source: Nestle UK
Italian cake maker Bauli last week expanded its portfolio to include the brands of local baker and confectioner Bistefani. Michelle Russell spoke with Bauli co-founder Michele Bauli to find out what p...
The European food industry has been shaken to its core by a scandal involving the contamination of processed beef products with undeclared horsemeat. The scare has undermined consumer confidence in th...
Last week ended as it started: with a household brand caught up in the horsemeat contamination scandal. On Monday, Nestle said it had pulled Buitoni products in Spain and Italy after positive tests an...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits