UPDATE: Findus: Nestle's La Cocinera will double Spanish operations
Findus has snapped up Nestle's frozen ready meals business in Spain
Nestle announced the sale earlier today (8 January) for an undisclosed sum.
The deal includes the frozen ready meal business based at the Valladolid factory and La Cocinera brand in Spain, which has a retail turnover of some EUR65m (US$77m).
Findus said the transaction remains subject to local competition approval but added: "The potential acquisition would double the scale of Findus Group’s operations in Spain."
The La Cocinera brand produces croquettes, pies, lasagne and cannelloni.
Nestle said the move was in line with its "ongoing portfolio review". The food giant has sold a raft of assets in recent quarters, including last month an ice cream business in Mexico.
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO