SWITZERLAND/USA: Nestle/Unilever - the cold war - COMMENT (Members)
Nestle has announced its interest in gaining full control of Haagen-Dazs. Nestle's plans to buy the luxury ice cream brand will further intensify the rivalry between the Swiss firm and Unilever. Yet at the same time, a deal would further Nestle's move towards high-margin areas. This would highlight the growing disparity between 'superleague' players such as Nestle and Unilever, and the rest of the food industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant