SWITZERLAND/USA: Nestle/Unilever - the cold war - COMMENT (Members)
Nestle has announced its interest in gaining full control of Haagen-Dazs. Nestle's plans to buy the luxury ice cream brand will further intensify the rivalry between the Swiss firm and Unilever. Yet at the same time, a deal would further Nestle's move towards high-margin areas. This would highlight the growing disparity between 'superleague' players such as Nestle and Unilever, and the rest of the food industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti