SWITZERLAND/USA: Nestle/Unilever - the cold war - COMMENT (Members)
Nestle has announced its interest in gaining full control of Haagen-Dazs. Nestle's plans to buy the luxury ice cream brand will further intensify the rivalry between the Swiss firm and Unilever. Yet at the same time, a deal would further Nestle's move towards high-margin areas. This would highlight the growing disparity between 'superleague' players such as Nestle and Unilever, and the rest of the food industry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill