USA: Net Venture, Planetchocolate.com, to Cover the Planet in Chocolate
Recently launched, planetchocolate.com will be the first national network of chocolate retailers in the United States.Planetchocolate.com acts as a one-stop shop for virtually any chocolate and confectionary product. With over 400 products listed already, planetchocolate.com offers one of the biggest selections of chocolate and confectionary products, available through a single web site.Entrepreneurs Arjun & Vikram Reddy came up with the idea as an alternative to sending flowers. Planetchocolate.com aims to sell over five million dollars worth of chocolate in the first year -- and given that America spends over $23 billion on chocolate and confectionery annually, this is not just wishful web thinking.Over one hundred and fifty, including some of the best chocolatiers in the US have joined the planetchocolate.com network, spanning East to West Coasts. "A number of retailers have their own web sites but people quite often don't know they exist. By joining up with us, they are bound to increase their online business," says Arjun.Stores can sell over fifty different items through their store at planetchocolate.com -- from straightforward candy bars to specially packaged gift-wrapped boxes of your favorite confection.Rather than search numerous web sites for your favorite chocolatier, planetchocolate.com will provide a one-stop shop for customers looking to buy chocolate and confectionary online. Customers can search the web site by the geographical location of the store as well as by type of product or brand name. This saves an enormous amount of time and effort for customers who want to shop quickly and conveniently.Furthermore customers can order gifts from a store located closest to the delivery address to save on shipping costs and time. This is especially crucial during the summer months when shipping chocolates is a risky and expensive business.Planetchocolate.com is already seeking venture capital funding to expand the business into Europe by the end of the year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review