UK: John Lewis: never knowingly eUndersold - COMMENT (members)
John Lewis is to invest a further GBP11 million in food eTailer Ocado. Ocado, which trades under John Lewis' Waitrose supermarket brand name, hopes to capture some of the 5.4% of total grocery sales expected online by 2005. But Waitrose may find it hard to challenge Tesco's enormous success in the market, especially as it has opted for expensive independent warehouses in contrast to Tesco's cheaper in-store picking.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp