NEW ZEALAND: New automated milking technology to renovate farmers and farms
New robotic milking technology is promising to completing redesign farm layout and change farmer attitude. The Dexcel Greenfield Project, senior scientist Murray Woolford told the South Island Dairy Event, should be commercially viable within a few years, Woolford explained that the new system being trialled is unique in that it is designed around a total farm, all-grass management system. It can also handle large numbers of cows, with large herds requiring several units strategically located around the farm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti