NEW ZEALAND: New automated milking technology to renovate farmers and farms
New robotic milking technology is promising to completing redesign farm layout and change farmer attitude. The Dexcel Greenfield Project, senior scientist Murray Woolford told the South Island Dairy Event, should be commercially viable within a few years, Woolford explained that the new system being trialled is unique in that it is designed around a total farm, all-grass management system. It can also handle large numbers of cows, with large herds requiring several units strategically located around the farm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth