NEW ZEALAND: New automated milking technology to renovate farmers and farms
New robotic milking technology is promising to completing redesign farm layout and change farmer attitude. The Dexcel Greenfield Project, senior scientist Murray Woolford told the South Island Dairy Event, should be commercially viable within a few years, Woolford explained that the new system being trialled is unique in that it is designed around a total farm, all-grass management system. It can also handle large numbers of cows, with large herds requiring several units strategically located around the farm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant