REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: New building for EC's Food and Veterinary Office opened
The Irish Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, has announced the official opening of the Food and Veterinary Office's (FVO) new purpose built building in Grange, Co Meath. The FVO is an integral part of the European Commission's (EC) Health and Consumer Protection Directorate General. It is responsible for checking that EU rules on food, live animals and plant products are complied with, both within the EU and also in third countries which export to the EU. Last year FVO inspectors carried out over 200 inspections in 52 different countries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action