BULGARIA: New chocolate for diabetics finds US export market
Bulgarian chocolate producer Stancho Kolev has revealed plans to launch a new type of chocolate developed for diabetics.
Stancho has invested 800,000 Bulgarian levs (US$362,000) in the creation of the product and the company's new production line will produce 50,000 bars every day.
The company explained that it has agreed upon a deal with US drugstore chain Walgreen, and that 80% of the bars produced will be exported for retail through Walgreen to the US market.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations