USA: New context for an old proposal - is this an end to the US beef row?
The US beef industry has proposed a reduction of existing sanctions on EU imports, as long as the EU agrees to expand access under a small existing quota reserved for hormone-injected beef. There has been little innovation in the proposals, but a EU diplomat explained that "the context is new even though the idea is not," and if the EU & US government agree, there could finally be an end in sight for what has seemed an intractable dispute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea