USA: New context for an old proposal - is this an end to the US beef row?
The US beef industry has proposed a reduction of existing sanctions on EU imports, as long as the EU agrees to expand access under a small existing quota reserved for hormone-injected beef. There has been little innovation in the proposals, but a EU diplomat explained that "the context is new even though the idea is not," and if the EU & US government agree, there could finally be an end in sight for what has seemed an intractable dispute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti