USA: New context for an old proposal - is this an end to the US beef row?
The US beef industry has proposed a reduction of existing sanctions on EU imports, as long as the EU agrees to expand access under a small existing quota reserved for hormone-injected beef. There has been little innovation in the proposals, but a EU diplomat explained that "the context is new even though the idea is not," and if the EU & US government agree, there could finally be an end in sight for what has seemed an intractable dispute.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods