UK: New Covent Garden has high hopes for Indian Summer
New Covent Garden's Indian Summer soup
Daniels Group has added to its New Covent Garden Soup Co. range with the introduction of a new south-east Asia-inspired soup.
The company today (19 August) announced that Indian Summer, which will be on sale throughout September, comprises a mixture of spiced vegetables and lentil dhal.
Nigel Parrott, New Covent Garden's group marketing director, said: "Our latest soup encourages diners to hope for a warm autumn. Its subtle heat and warming spices gives consumers a taste of the exotic, which will have great appeal after the wet summer."
The Indian Summer pack also features a reference to New Covent Garden's new social media campaign, where consumers will be able to help decide future developments in the Soup of the Month range by sending in recipe ideas based on a specific month's theme.
It will be available until the end of September with an RRP of GBP2 (US$3.30).
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs