ITALY: New deep-frozen pasta meal launched
Very Italiano is preparing to launch its new eponymous pasta product, which it claims "promises to revolutionize the international food market, and more specifically the output of ready-made deep-frozen first-course meals".
The product consists of microwaveable deep-frozen pasta (frozen with the IQF [Individual Quick Frozen] method) and sold with a choice of nine serving sauces; Penne with Arrabbiata-style sauce; Tomato Tricoloured "Chiocciola"; Genoese Pesto "Chiocciola"; Macaroni/Sedani with Puttanesca-style sauce; Vegetarian Rice; Seafood Spaghetti; Fusilli/Spaghetti with Carbonara-style sauce; Tortellini with Cream, Ricotta and Spinach Tortelloni with Tomato sauce.
The company is hoping that the product will appeal to men and women from 13 to 44 years of age, looking for convenience and taste. the product is easily purchased everywhere at a competitive price. Furthermore, its one-size, 250 grammes, high and narrow container "has been conceived in order to enable the best and firm grip with one hand only: therefore, this offers the chance to eat also while standing".
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti