USA: New Dietary Guidelines Urge Americans to Eat Avocados
The new scientific Dietary Guidelines for Americans reports for the first time ever that avocados contain "good" unsaturated fats that do not raise blood cholesterol and should be included as part of a healthy diet. "We have always known that avocados are good-tasting," said Johanna Dwyer, professor of Medicine and Community Health at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin