USA: New Dietary Guidelines Urge Americans to Eat Avocados
The new scientific Dietary Guidelines for Americans reports for the first time ever that avocados contain "good" unsaturated fats that do not raise blood cholesterol and should be included as part of a healthy diet. "We have always known that avocados are good-tasting," said Johanna Dwyer, professor of Medicine and Community Health at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units