CHINA: New Dragon Asia acquires additional flour milling operation in China
New Dragon Asia Corporation announced today [Tuesday] that it has signed an agreement to acquire Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai Flour Co. Ltd. of Shandong, China. Terms of the sale were not disclosed, but completion of the acquisition is anticipated for April 2002. Sales for the Shandong operations were approximately US$4.7m for 2001, and the acquisition is expected to be accretive to New Dragon's earnings in 2002. Total production capacity of Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai is currently 32,000 metric tons per annum, which will represent approximately 20% of New Dragon's total flour milling capacity following completion of the acquisition. New Dragon is ranked within the top three flour manufacturers and instant noodle producers of Mainland China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review