CHINA: New Dragon Asia acquires additional flour milling operation in China
New Dragon Asia Corporation announced today [Tuesday] that it has signed an agreement to acquire Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai Flour Co. Ltd. of Shandong, China. Terms of the sale were not disclosed, but completion of the acquisition is anticipated for April 2002. Sales for the Shandong operations were approximately US$4.7m for 2001, and the acquisition is expected to be accretive to New Dragon's earnings in 2002. Total production capacity of Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai is currently 32,000 metric tons per annum, which will represent approximately 20% of New Dragon's total flour milling capacity following completion of the acquisition. New Dragon is ranked within the top three flour manufacturers and instant noodle producers of Mainland China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast