CHINA: New Dragon Asia acquires additional flour milling operation in China
New Dragon Asia Corporation announced today [Tuesday] that it has signed an agreement to acquire Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai Flour Co. Ltd. of Shandong, China. Terms of the sale were not disclosed, but completion of the acquisition is anticipated for April 2002. Sales for the Shandong operations were approximately US$4.7m for 2001, and the acquisition is expected to be accretive to New Dragon's earnings in 2002. Total production capacity of Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai is currently 32,000 metric tons per annum, which will represent approximately 20% of New Dragon's total flour milling capacity following completion of the acquisition. New Dragon is ranked within the top three flour manufacturers and instant noodle producers of Mainland China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife
- Nestle launches global sugar target