CHINA: New Dragon Asia acquires additional flour milling operation in China
New Dragon Asia Corporation announced today [Tuesday] that it has signed an agreement to acquire Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai Flour Co. Ltd. of Shandong, China. Terms of the sale were not disclosed, but completion of the acquisition is anticipated for April 2002. Sales for the Shandong operations were approximately US$4.7m for 2001, and the acquisition is expected to be accretive to New Dragon's earnings in 2002. Total production capacity of Shandong Long Feng Peng Lai is currently 32,000 metric tons per annum, which will represent approximately 20% of New Dragon's total flour milling capacity following completion of the acquisition. New Dragon is ranked within the top three flour manufacturers and instant noodle producers of Mainland China.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods