EU: New EU leek rules raise concern
New EU regulations stipulating the classification of leeks according to size and proportions have raised temperatures at UK organic pressure group the Soil Association. Since 1 March, all leeks on sale in the EU have been divided into two classes. Size is now determined by the diameter of the leek above the swelling of its neck; the white/ greenish part of the vegetable must meanwhile be at least 30% of its total length.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund