EU: New European Food Safety Authority holds first board meeting
The first meeting of the management board of the new European Food Safety Authority will be held 18/19 September in Brussels. It will deal mainly with approving the board's operating methods and appointing its chairman and vice-chairman. The creation of the new authority will go a long way towards ensuring that future EU food safety decisions are based on the latest and best scientific information from around Europe and the world, the EU Commission said in a release. The most important of the board's initial tasks over the next few months will be to appoint the executive director, who will be responsible for the day to day management of the authority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry