EU: New European Food Safety Authority holds first board meeting
The first meeting of the management board of the new European Food Safety Authority will be held 18/19 September in Brussels. It will deal mainly with approving the board's operating methods and appointing its chairman and vice-chairman. The creation of the new authority will go a long way towards ensuring that future EU food safety decisions are based on the latest and best scientific information from around Europe and the world, the EU Commission said in a release. The most important of the board's initial tasks over the next few months will be to appoint the executive director, who will be responsible for the day to day management of the authority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea