EU: New European Food Safety Authority holds first board meeting
The first meeting of the management board of the new European Food Safety Authority will be held 18/19 September in Brussels. It will deal mainly with approving the board's operating methods and appointing its chairman and vice-chairman. The creation of the new authority will go a long way towards ensuring that future EU food safety decisions are based on the latest and best scientific information from around Europe and the world, the EU Commission said in a release. The most important of the board's initial tasks over the next few months will be to appoint the executive director, who will be responsible for the day to day management of the authority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review