SWEDEN: New executive vice president named at listed company Axfood
Nyberg, who is currently an executive vice president at ICA-handlarnas AB, will be a member of Axfood's executive management.
As head of retail trade development, Nyberg will have overall responsibility for establishment, concept and growth strategies at Axfood AB. The Group is currently undergoing a restructuring in which a diversity of store concepts are being refined in six profiles: Hemkop, Axfood Lagpris, Axfood Direkt (which encompasses the Group's e-commerce activities), and the three franchising concepts Vivo, Spar, and Tempo.
Nyberg will play a central role in the invigoration and development of these six store concepts.
"Anders Nyberg has a very strong background in the retail trade," comments Mats Jansson, President and CEO of Axfood AB. "His experience in strategic business development in and outside of Sweden and in operative responsibility for various store concepts is a perfect match for Axfood.
"Axfood aims to develop and enhance its existing store concepts," Jansson continues. "We have set the course for the Group's expansion in the Nordic countries in the years immediately ahead. The pace of change will be fast, and Anders Nyberg will be a prime mover in this work."
Nyberg will assume his new position on February 1, 2001.
Background information on Anders Nyberg: Began retailing career in parents' own ICA store. Economics studies at Stockholm University and DIHR (the Stockholm Marketing Institute of Communication and Advertising). 1982-88, Esselte Group. 1988-92, Ahlens (regional manager and marketing manager, among other positions); 1992-2000, ICA (executive vice president, regional manager and head of business development, among other positions). Digital photo can be downloaded from www.axfood.se under "Pressmeddelanden".
Axfood AB is one of the largest listed food wholesale and retail companies in the Nordic countries. It was formed through the merger between Hemkop and D&D Dagligvaror, and the acquisitions of Spar i Sverige, Spar Inn Snabbgross and Spar Finland.
The company conducts wholesale and retail trading through a number of store profiles, including Hemkop, Axfood Lagpris (e.g., Willys), Spar, Vivo and Tempo. Consolidated annual sales are estimated at approximately SEK 30 billion, with approximately 8,000 full-year employees. The Axfood Group has over 1,000 stores in Sweden, of which 250 are wholly or partly owned, while the remainder are run by independent merchants tied to the company through agreements. Axfood has some 330 stores in Finland, of which 85 are wholly-owned and the remainder operated by independent merchants. The market share is nearly 20 percent in Sweden and approximately 10 percent in Finland.
Axfood AB is listed on the A-list of the OM Stockholm Exchange. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with approximately 45 percent of the shares.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review