WORLD: New food product introductions from around the world
Mintel's Global New Products Database has seen many exciting new food products worldwide during October. Novelties in bakery Novel flavors are found in bakery this month. Mandelbageriet has launched a co-branded Almondy cake based on the crunchy Dime chocolate bar from Kraft Jacobs Suchard. Also in Sweden, sweet digestive biscuits are getting a "healthier" positioning. New from G?teborgs Kex are baked digestive biscuits with olive oil. Finally, in the UK, caramel continues to be a popular ingredient in bakery (and other food sectors). It is now being used to add more variety to the Fingers chocolate coated biscuit brand from Cadbury - they have a layer of caramel on the top of the biscuit. In the US, Halloween treats are easy to make thanks to Betty Crocker Halloween Kits that come complete with decorating tools and cookie cutters. Count Chocula and Boo Berry Cookie Kit and Halloween Cupcake Kit look like a good way for kids and moms to get baking in time for those school parties. Kits retail for $5.99 each.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre