WORLD: New food product introductions from around the world
Recent food and drink highlights from Mintel's Global New Products Database include spoon shaped biscuits, an energy drink with a vitamin supplement tablet and tongue painting crisps. Floral, mint, functional & spoon biscuits Novel ingredients/flavours also play an important part in biscuits this month. In Belgium, Desobry has introduced under the Biscuits Garden brand, floral flavored biscuits in varieties such as rose, lavender and violet. In Germany, probiotic ingredients have been added to Wikana's new sandwich biscuits. They are filled with a yogurt cream that contains lactobacillus and acidophilus bacteria. In China of all places, the established Oreo sandwich biscuit brand from the US, now comes in a coolmint variety. Also in the biscuits category are novel spoon shaped cookies said to be ideal for stirring hot beverages or using with ice cream. They have been launched in New Zealand and are called Spoon Biscookies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO