WORLD: New food product introductions from around the world
Mintel's Global New Products Database has seen many exciting new food product launches from May 2001. Cakes get biscuit & chocolate taste Two brands, from biscuits and confectionery, are being extended into the UK cakes market. The Galaxy chocolate countline brand from Mars is being added to McVitie's range of cake muffins. It joins the likes of Jaffa Cakes muffins and M&M's brownie. Also, Jammie Dodgers biscuits from Burton's Biscuits are coming out in a cake variety distributed by Lowthers Cakes. It is not the first time the biscuits have been extended. In the past we have seen Jammie Dodgers fruit gums (back in 1999), and dipping biscuit sticks with a separate jam sauce (in 2000).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target