USA: New Food Safety Technology Could Have Prevented Latest Ground Beef Recall
WHAT: A new food safety technology, developed by FLOW International Corporation, could have helped prevent the recent recall of 46,000 pounds of Canadian-packed ground beef because of possible contamination with E.coli 0157:H7. This proprietary technology, known as Fresher Under Pressure®, harnesses the natural, low-heat power of hydrostatic pressure to destroy the specific cell structure of such pathogens as salmonella, listeria, and E. coli, while maintaining the product's inherent nutritional value, taste, and color.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund