UK: New Foot and Mouth measures imminent after NFU meeting
Talks between NFU President Ben Gill and Agriculture Minister Nick Brown went on late into the evening yesterday as the NFU pressed home that the situation on many farms is at breaking point. An announcement on new measures to relieve some of the many welfare problems is expected tomorrow* - and farmers cannot hold out any longer than this, said Mr Gill.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK