GREECE: New joint product in Poland for Chipita and Elgeka
Coming just days after the Greek snacks producer revealed it had acquired ZAO Eldi, a Russian bakery plant, Chipita has announced details of a new joint manufacturing project in Poland.
Chipita has long sought acquisition targets for its expansion into the larger, and relatively untapped, markets of eastern Europe. It seems that the advanced negotiations currently being held with fellow Greek company Elgeka are part of a plan to make available another series of manufacturing units in this area, together with access to an established distribution network.
The Polish market already provides both Chipita and Elgeka with commercial activity, as products from a Chipita manufacturing plant are distributed by Elgeka.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund