USA: New legislation could shape the functional foods market
The Nutraceutical Research and Education Act (NREA), which was introduced to Congress last year, is expected to be reintroduced in this year's 107th session of Congress. If passed, the competitive dynamics of the functional foods market will change significantly according to a newly published study by Front Line Strategic Management Consulting, Inc. The NREA creates an exclusive category within functional foods in which companies, using clinical research, could promote a direct health benefit claim for marketed food products. In addition, the company would be granted 10 years of exclusive marketing rights to the claim.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund