UK: New measures to contain foot and mouth announced
New foot and mouth measures announced in the UK parliament today could see healthy animals earmarked for slaughter Agriculture Minister Nick Brown outlined plans for a 'pre-emptive strike' against 100,000 sheep that may develop the disease. The Agriculture Minister Nick Brown told MPs that an intensified cull of animals which may have been exposed to the virus would be brought into force as "a policy of safety first".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations