NORWAY: New Orkla CEO Ruzicka takes the reins
Orkla chairman Stein Erik Hagen (l) and new CEO Peter Ruzicka (r) [photo credit: Vegard Grøtt / NTB scanpix]
Orkla's new chief executive, Peter Ruzicka, took the helm at the Nordic consumer goods giant yesterday (10 February).
Ruzicka replaces CEO Åge Korsvold, who has spent under two years in charge of Orkla. The company did not provide a reason for Korsvold's departure but Norwegian reports of a spilt between the chief executive and board emerged at the end of last year.
Ruzicka has sat on the Orkla board since 2008 and has close ties with Orkla chairman - and largest shareholder - Hagen.
During his career, Ruzicka has served as MD of deputy CEO of Sweden-based retailer ICA and regional chief of Ahold's operations in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Since 2006 has been MD of Canica, Hagen's family-owned company.
Under Korsvold, Orkla embarked on an ambitious transformation process in a drive to become a regional branded consumer goods company. Orkla is engaged in the disposal of assets in various industries - from chemicals to power - as it focuses on turning around its consumer goods assets.
However, the group has been hit by declining profitability. Moves to restructure operations and cut costs have reportedly hit morale.
Separately, Orkla has also appointed a new chief financial officer, Statkraft's CFO Jens Bjørn Staff.
Orkla Foods Romania based its expansion in Romania on a strategy of acquiring leading domestic players. This strategy was followed in establishing a presence in Romania, as well as moving into other u...
In a global sense, Orkla has only a modest presence. However, regionally the company is a leader in a number of packaged food categories. Orkla’s recent acquisition of Rieber & Søn has given it a stro...
Savory Snacks in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains desc...
Confectionery in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains desc...
Canned Food in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descr...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019