NORWAY: New Orkla CEO Ruzicka takes the reins
Orkla chairman Stein Erik Hagen (l) and new CEO Peter Ruzicka (r) [photo credit: Vegard Grøtt / NTB scanpix]
Orkla's new chief executive, Peter Ruzicka, took the helm at the Nordic consumer goods giant yesterday (10 February).
Ruzicka replaces CEO Åge Korsvold, who has spent under two years in charge of Orkla. The company did not provide a reason for Korsvold's departure but Norwegian reports of a spilt between the chief executive and board emerged at the end of last year.
Ruzicka has sat on the Orkla board since 2008 and has close ties with Orkla chairman - and largest shareholder - Hagen.
During his career, Ruzicka has served as MD of deputy CEO of Sweden-based retailer ICA and regional chief of Ahold's operations in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Since 2006 has been MD of Canica, Hagen's family-owned company.
Under Korsvold, Orkla embarked on an ambitious transformation process in a drive to become a regional branded consumer goods company. Orkla is engaged in the disposal of assets in various industries - from chemicals to power - as it focuses on turning around its consumer goods assets.
However, the group has been hit by declining profitability. Moves to restructure operations and cut costs have reportedly hit morale.
Separately, Orkla has also appointed a new chief financial officer, Statkraft's CFO Jens Bjørn Staff.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- R&R Ice Cream names Daniel Martinez new CFO
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights