UK: New outbreak of foot and mouth not "just a blip"
UK agriculture minister Nick Brown is set to meet the farmers at the centre of the latest cluster of foot-and-mouth cases in the Yorkshire Dales as concerns grow over the new outbreak. The area has now reported 18 cases of the disease near Settle and over 1,000 farms have been placed under movement restrictions in a bid to prevent the spread of the virus.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations