CHINA/THAILAND: New outbreaks of bird flu emerge in China, Thailand
A deadly strain of avian influenza has broken out in China and Thailand, but officials are claiming the outbreaks are under control.
The H5N1 strain of bird flu spread across parts of Asia earlier this year, decimating poultry stocks, causing millions of poultry to be culled, and killing 24 people in Thailand and Vietnam.
Thailand confirmed it had detected new outbreaks of the H5N1 strain at two farms near towns north of Bangkok, while China confirmed the presence of the virus at a farm in the central province of Anhui, reported Reuters.
In Thailand the cause of the outbreak is being investigated, but in China it has been blamed on migratory birds.
Earlier this year bird flu outbreaks resulted in the deaths of more than 40 million chickens in Thailand, which was one of the world's largest poultry exporters.
Russia's agriculture ministry said that the deadly bird flu virus had been found in a third Siberian province as officials began a mass cull to contain its spread and three ex-Soviet countries imposed...
Indonesia is to slaughter all chickens on farms hit by bird flu in an effort to halt the spread of the virus, the country's agriculture minister said today (Thursday), according to the Guardian newspa...
The key international organisations fighting bird flu have agreed a global strategy preventing the disease spreading worldwide and jumping species to humans....
The Philippines has discovered its first cases of bird flu with infected ducks being found in a town north of the capital, Manila, according to the BBC....
Malaysian poultry products are free of the avian influenza, according to internationally specified rules and codes, and countries should resume their imports without any hesitation, a government minis...
China denied it encouraged farmers to use a drug meant for humans to stop the spread of bird flu in poultry which could render the medicine useless, but said it would investigate, the AFP news agency ...
The first human case of bird flu was identified in Indonesia after a poultry worker tested positive this month, a World Health Organisation (WHO) official said todau (Thursday), reports the Reuters ne...
China's ministry of agriculture today (Thursday) confirmed a bird flu outbreak in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, saying the situation was under control, the Xinhua news agency reported....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020