USA: New partners fuel Meals.com growth
Meals.com, a majority owned subsidiary of Coinstar Inc. (Nasdaq:CSTR - news), today announced it has signed contracts from consumer packaged goods manufacturers and on-line partners totaling approximately $1 million. The company expects to recognize these revenues over the next five quarters. Meals.com is an infrastructure provider that helps supermarket retailers and packaged goods manufacturers communicate directly to consumers through on-line and in-store technologies. "These orders represent tremendous growth for a company that generated revenue of about $50,000 for the first six months of 2000," said Jens Molbak, CEO of Meals.com. "Meals.com now has relationships with many of the top consumer packaged goods manufacturers. Our business is growing through increased consumer usage, manufacturer advertising, and retailers joining the Meals.com network." "Our partners recognize Meals.com is more than just a great advertising medium," said Peter Barbaresi, executive vice president of sales for Meals.com. "We're also an infrastructure provider that can build, power, and enhance existing Web sites to more effectively position and promote products to consumers in the context of their meal planning and shopping decisions. We've made the investment in technology and have developed the functionality that manufacturers and retailers want on their sites. Partnering with Meals.com saves them development costs and gives them a leading-edge presence on-line." Private label supermarket Web sites that are powered by Meals.com's meal planning tools and recipe content include
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review