BULGARIA: New programme to prevent spread of FMD will begin on 1 April
A programme to prevent the spread of foot and mouth disease will be implemented in Bulgaria between 1 April and 1 December of this year, by the National Veterinary Service , the National Forest Directorate and the Union of Hunters and Anglers . The programme was approved by deputy Farming Minister Georgi Karkumov yesterday (14 March) and will involve daily checks on every cloven hoofed animal that is slaughtered within a 10km belt of Bulgaria's border with Greece and Turkey.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO