US: New residue monitoring system launched
A consortium comprising four companies has launched a new system for monitoring, tracking and reporting pesticide and herbicide residues on food, animal feed and agricultural products.
The TRAC (Tracing Residues And Contaminants) system has been developed jointly by RQA, Eurofins GeneScan, Illinois Crop Improvement Association and Copesan.
With the diverse experience and expertise of its four members, the consortium believes it can provide clients with the advantage of the consolidated experience of a pesticide applicator, a renowned testing laboratory and experts in agriculture management and retail operations, in order to provide assistance in managing the risk associated with this food safety issue.
"TRAC offers an independent, transparent source of confirmation concerning residue and contaminant levels at all points along a supply chain, from production to retail outlet," the consortium said. "TRAC provides a systematic compilation of application records, sampling information, test results and logistical tracking documentation. The documents and records that accumulate as the product moves through the supply production chain are compiled into a secure, web-based database offering various levels of access and review, as determined by the client."
Clients will use the TRAC system to verify compliance with import-export regulations, protect brand name integrity, screen current or potential vendors, and identify and control hazards in their own operations in order to minimise insurance costs.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review