USA: New retirement planning resource for farmers
A new web site has been designed to help farmers make plans for their retirement. According to Sharon DeVaney, Purdue University's associate professor of consumer and family sciences, farm families may find calculating the cost of retirement particularly tricky. The "Retirement Estimator for Farm Families" was developed by DeVaney, in conjunction with Janet Bechman, an Extension specialist in family resource management, and George Patrick, a professor of agricultural economics. The resource was created with funding provided by the USDA's Cooperative State Research, Education and Extension Service.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project