UK: New shaped alternative from Young's Bluecrest Foodservice
Young's Bluecrest Foodservice has expanded its popular 'Chip Shop' range of battered fish fillets for caterers, with new haddock and white fish options and 100g portion size, designed to meet the needs of the many caterers who prefer smaller fillets. Whilst small portion sizes remain popular, new environmental constraints on fishing have made small whole fillets unacceptable, since they require the use of younger fish. Ed Davidson, director of foodservice at Young's Bluecrest, says, "It is important for caterers to appreciate that conservation measures mean, quite rightly, that juvenile fish are not
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival