UK: New shaped alternative from Young's Bluecrest Foodservice
Young's Bluecrest Foodservice has expanded its popular 'Chip Shop' range of battered fish fillets for caterers, with new haddock and white fish options and 100g portion size, designed to meet the needs of the many caterers who prefer smaller fillets. Whilst small portion sizes remain popular, new environmental constraints on fishing have made small whole fillets unacceptable, since they require the use of younger fish. Ed Davidson, director of foodservice at Young's Bluecrest, says, "It is important for caterers to appreciate that conservation measures mean, quite rightly, that juvenile fish are not
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group