USA: Sizzling growth ahead for Latin American foodservice: New study to pinpoint opportunities in region's sweet spot
McDonald's knows that happy days lie ahead for its Happy Meals in Brazil. According to The Wall Street Journal (September 5, 2000), McDonald's Corp. plans to nearly double the number of its Brazilian restaurants by 2003. Promar International, which is currently completing a groundbreaking study of the foodservice market in Latin America, indicates that expansion in the region by other foodservice players is likely to be brisk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery