USA: New Survey on Soy Isoflavones Cites Lower Cholesterol, Possible Cancer Help
A broad survey of studies on isoflavones, the soy ingredient to which numerous health improvements have been attributed, has found that the best-known beneficial effect of isoflavones is on reduction of cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of heart disease."The addition of even small amounts of isoflavone-containing foods to the western diet may reduce the risk of heart disease ... ," a new report published in the July-August issue of the journal Menopause said..The survey looked primarily at isoflavone effects on menopause, but the report considered numerous other possible applications of isoflavones and soy foods on illness and disease." ... There is a growing database of information suggesting that isoflavones exhibit a wide range of diverse physiologic actions in humans," the new report said, recommending that additional studies are needed to determine effects on menopausal problems."Specific controlled clinical trials are needed before definitive recommendations can be made about increasing the consumption of isoflavones in large populations of women approaching menopause and beyond," the journal article said.Considering studies of a lengthy list of illnesses and disease, the survey found that:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review