UK: New swine fever cases revealed
The UK government confirmed two further cases of swine fever today, bringing the total number to ten. Both new cases were revealed in areas already subject to movement restriction orders - one in Norfolk, one in Suffolk. Significantly, both seem to be linked to the earlier cases, so this is dampening speculation that a full-scale epidemic could be in the pipeline.More than 20 000 pigs have been slaughtered since the outbreak was first discovered in the second week of August. The outbreak was the first in the UK for nearly fifteen years. Farmers in the affected regions, primarily East Anglia, say the Government is not offering them enough compensation.To find out more about Swine Fever
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review