AUSTRALIA: New variety of grape tomato hopes to carve out premium niche in Australia
Perfection Fresh Australia are marketing a new variety of cherry tomato to growers in northern Victoria after tests proved that the fruit could be successfully grown in Australia. Martin Gooch, senior business development manager at the company holding exclusive rights to the US-bred violin variety of the Grape Tomato, revealed that in the US experience the fruit carved out a premium niche worth 65% of the cherry tomato market. This has bred high hopes that this will be the same in Australia when they becomes available in small quantities in
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China