AUSTRALIA: New variety of grape tomato hopes to carve out premium niche in Australia
Perfection Fresh Australia are marketing a new variety of cherry tomato to growers in northern Victoria after tests proved that the fruit could be successfully grown in Australia. Martin Gooch, senior business development manager at the company holding exclusive rights to the US-bred violin variety of the Grape Tomato, revealed that in the US experience the fruit carved out a premium niche worth 65% of the cherry tomato market. This has bred high hopes that this will be the same in Australia when they becomes available in small quantities in
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action