AUSTRALIA: New variety of grape tomato hopes to carve out premium niche in Australia
Perfection Fresh Australia are marketing a new variety of cherry tomato to growers in northern Victoria after tests proved that the fruit could be successfully grown in Australia. Martin Gooch, senior business development manager at the company holding exclusive rights to the US-bred violin variety of the Grape Tomato, revealed that in the US experience the fruit carved out a premium niche worth 65% of the cherry tomato market. This has bred high hopes that this will be the same in Australia when they becomes available in small quantities in
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund