UK: New way to keep delivery pizza warm
Cold pizza might soon be a thing of the past. UK pizza delivery chain Domino's Pizza is soon to introduce a new technology that will keep a takeaway pizza hot for up to 40 minutes. According to a report in the Independent newspaper, a heat-sensitive chemical, placed in a rubber disk, will keep a pizza as hot as it was when it came out of the oven for well over the average delivery time.The new technology is not expected to affect the flavour of the pizza in any way. In a related development, the group is going to start using a bag made of a material that soaks up extra moisture. This should prevent pizza becoming soggy, another occasional customer complaint.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea