WORLD: New worldwide food product introductions
Here are some of the new food product introductions registered by Mintel's Global New Products Database this past month around the world. New formats for Kellogg's Frosties Breakfast cereal companies are not only diversifying into "on-the-go" snacking formats. They also continue to launch new shapes and formats within breakfast cereals to maintain interest and perhaps encourage home consumption. The latest new format is an extension of the Kellogg's Frosties brand (sugar frosted corn flakes). The brand has already appeared in a number of new flavours (e.g. chocolate, cinnamon, honey and toffee) and some new shapes (e.g. chocolate clusters in Germany). It has now changed format again with the French and Belgian introduction of pillow-shaped cereals (made with oats, rice and wheat) filled with chocolate and topped with a "tiger stripe" design (Tony the Tiger is the brand's cartoon character emblem).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth