WORLD: New WTO general negotiation round could delay current agricultural round
Diplomats at the World Trade Organisation will in the next five months decide whether to launch a new general round of negotiations, which member countries had hoped to launch at the disastrous trade summit at Seattle in 1999. Another WTO ministerial summit is to be held at Doha, Qatar, in November and diplomats hope to narrow their differences by July, to enable them to decide to attempt another general round launch at this meeting, which would look at every trade topic, including drinks, health and sanitary matters and e-commerce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs