UK: New year honour for AFWS founder
Jeremy Bennett, the driving force behind the formation of the Academy of Food and Wines Service , has been awarded the OBE in the New Year's Honours List, for services to the industry. Appointed the first Chairman and Chief Executive when the Academy was founded in 1988, Jeremy remained on the Board until July last year, retiring as Vice President. Over more than a decade, he worked tirelessly to promote the cause of front-of-house skills, establishing an international voice for Britain's sommeliers, and - using his experience as former Chairman of the Wine and Spirit Association's Education Committee - was closely involved with the development of bench-mark training packs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid