UK: New year honour for AFWS founder
Jeremy Bennett, the driving force behind the formation of the Academy of Food and Wines Service , has been awarded the OBE in the New Year's Honours List, for services to the industry. Appointed the first Chairman and Chief Executive when the Academy was founded in 1988, Jeremy remained on the Board until July last year, retiring as Vice President. Over more than a decade, he worked tirelessly to promote the cause of front-of-house skills, establishing an international voice for Britain's sommeliers, and - using his experience as former Chairman of the Wine and Spirit Association's Education Committee - was closely involved with the development of bench-mark training packs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre