UK: New year honour for AFWS founder
Jeremy Bennett, the driving force behind the formation of the Academy of Food and Wines Service , has been awarded the OBE in the New Year's Honours List, for services to the industry. Appointed the first Chairman and Chief Executive when the Academy was founded in 1988, Jeremy remained on the Board until July last year, retiring as Vice President. Over more than a decade, he worked tirelessly to promote the cause of front-of-house skills, establishing an international voice for Britain's sommeliers, and - using his experience as former Chairman of the Wine and Spirit Association's Education Committee - was closely involved with the development of bench-mark training packs.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report