USA: New Yorker Marketing Corp. Announces Termination of Marino's Agreement
New Yorker Marketing Corp. (Nasdaq: NYIC) announced today that its agreement to acquire Marino's has terminated. Based on events and circumstances involving both companies, the Company was not successful in obtaining the necessary financing.The Company's cash requirements continue to significantly exceed its resources. While the Company is seeking additional financing and is looking at potential mergers or acquisitions, its failure to imminently conclude a transaction will materially adversely affect its operations and threaten its continuity as a going concern.New Yorker markets and distributes a variety of products and frozen desserts.Forward-Looking Statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release are forward-looking statements. When used in this release, words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "intend" and similar expressions, as they relate to the Company or its management, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company's management, identify forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors including, but not limited to, the effect of business and economic conditions; the impact of competitive products and pricing; and capacity and supply constraints or difficulties. Such statements reflect the current views of the Company with respect to future events and are subject to these and other risks, uncertainties and assumptions relating to the operations, results of operations, growth strategy and liquidity of the Company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report