UK: Newman's Own launches American-rubs range
Newman's Own has launched a new set of American-inspired rubs
US condiments and sauces firm Newman's Own has launched a range of rubs in the UK, inspired by "the growing popularity of 'low and slow' cooked meats dishes".
American Rubs for Ribs, Pulled Pork and Brisket, are based on traditional US regional recipes; the Kentucky rub for ribs, a Carolina-style rub for pulled pork and Texas-inspired rub for brisket.
"The American Rubs are an innovative product range which will help consumers to recreate popular US style BBQ dishes with ease", says Sally Haydock, Newman's Own brand manager in the UK. "Newman's Own is an authentic American brand and we continue to look for new ways to bring a taste of the USA to the UK."
The new products joins a condiments range, including three table sauces, which launched earlier in the year.
The suggested retail price is GBP1.59 (US$2.70) per 85g tube.
Sectors: Condiments, dressings & sauces
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK