US: Newman's Own launches fat-free Greek yoghurt
Newman's Own blueberry Greek yoghurt
Newman's Own is launching a range of Greek Nonfat Yoghurts under its namesake brand.
The not-for-profit food manufacturer said that the all-natural line will consist of five varieties: blueberry, pineapple, strawberry, peach and black cherry.
Newman's Own yoghurt contains 12 grams of protein, five live and active cultures and zero grams of fat. The yoghurts are free from artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
The range is debuting in the Atlantic seaboard this month with an RRP of US$1.49.
The company has secured listings with Stop & Shop, Giant, Hannaford, Shaw's, A&P, The Food Emporium, Pathmark, Waldbaum's, Big Y and Price Chopper.
Newman's Own Introduces Greek Nonfat Yogurt to Atlantic Seaboard Healthy Option with All Profits to Charity March 19, 2014 05:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time WESTPORT, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Newman's Own introduces Newman's Own Greek Nonfat Yogurt to its lineup of great-tasting, philanthropy-driven products. The all-natural, five-variety line enters the Atlantic seaboard this month, from Maine to Maryland, as a delicious option in the growing healthy Greek yogurt category.
"It gives consumers a great-tasting, healthy option while supporting our philanthropic mission and contributing to the common good."
Since 1982 when Paul Newman founded Newman's Own, all after-tax profits and royalties from the sale of Newman's Own products have gone to charity. The funds are distributed through Newman's Own Foundation. Over $400 million has been donated to thousands of nonprofit organizations to date.
"We're excited about launching Greek Nonfat Yogurt," said Dave Best, vice president, marketing, Newman's Own. "It gives consumers a great-tasting, healthy option while supporting our philanthropic mission and contributing to the common good."
The difference in the Newman's Own Greek Nonfat Yogurt is the fruit - big pieces of delicious fruit on the bottom - plus a thicker, creamier yogurt texture. Newman's Own yogurt has 12 grams of protein, five live & active cultures and zero grams of fat. It is all natural, with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
The five varieties of Newman's Own Greek Nonfat Yogurt include: blueberry, pineapple, strawberry, peach and black cherry. The yogurt is available in a 5.3 oz. size and carries a suggested retail price of $1.49.
The following retailers carry Newman's Own Greek Nonfat Yogurt in their dairy cases: Stop & Shop, Giant, Hannaford, Shaw's, A&P, The Food Emporium, Pathmark, Waldbaum's, Big Y and Price Chopper.
Original source: Newman's Own
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights