JAPAN: News emerges of more problems at Snow Brands
In the latest scandal to hit Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products, Monday (25 September) witnessed a recall of over 23,000 bottles of milk by a Snow Brands subsidiary in Fukushima. The product, which had been distributed door to door since Sunday (24 September), was found to contain colon bacilli bacteria. About 5784 bottles have already been consumed in the Tohoku region of northern Japan, the Kanto region surrounding Tokyo and the Kansai area in the west.A spokesman for Snow Brand stressed that "this case won't lead to" a repeat of the summer scandal when nearly 15,000 people fell ill after consuming Snow Brand products. The identified bacteria are not of the type that causes food poisoning and no illnesses have been reported as yet.The recall is now virtually complete, but it will take a long while yet for Snow Brand to recover from a disastrous few months that seem to have tarnished the brand image indelibly. Snow Brands announced earlier this week that it was in partnership talks with Swiss food giant Nestlé - for more information on this story
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020