JAPAN: News emerges of more problems at Snow Brands
In the latest scandal to hit Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products, Monday (25 September) witnessed a recall of over 23,000 bottles of milk by a Snow Brands subsidiary in Fukushima. The product, which had been distributed door to door since Sunday (24 September), was found to contain colon bacilli bacteria. About 5784 bottles have already been consumed in the Tohoku region of northern Japan, the Kanto region surrounding Tokyo and the Kansai area in the west.A spokesman for Snow Brand stressed that "this case won't lead to" a repeat of the summer scandal when nearly 15,000 people fell ill after consuming Snow Brand products. The identified bacteria are not of the type that causes food poisoning and no illnesses have been reported as yet.The recall is now virtually complete, but it will take a long while yet for Snow Brand to recover from a disastrous few months that seem to have tarnished the brand image indelibly. Snow Brands announced earlier this week that it was in partnership talks with Swiss food giant Nestlé - for more information on this story
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report