USA: NFI Supports Dietary Advice on Mercury
The National Fisheries Institute continues to support its previous dietary advice to limit methylmercury exposure by pregnant women, and will not revise its recommendations on fish consumption as a result of a recent National Academy of Sciences (NAS) report.The NAS reviewed several studies of in-utero mercury exposure from fish consumption to provide scientific guidance to the Environmental Protection Agency in developing a reference dose (A reference dose is an estimate of the daily exposure level that is safe over a lifetime).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast