USA: NFPA appoints executive vice president of government affairs
The US National Food Processors Association (NFPA) has announced the appointment of Thomas Hunt Shipman as executive vice president of government affairs and communications.
"His (Shipman's) appointment by NFPA reinforces our continued commitment to the food industry's public policy and communications needs," said John Cady, NFPA's president and CEO.
In his new role Shipman, who will join NFPA's staff in September, will direct all NFPA government affairs programs - including federal and state government relations, grassroots efforts and the association's Political Action Committee - and will oversee NFPA's communications activities.
Prior to this position with NFPA, Shipman served as majority staff director for the US Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry.
Companies: Food Product Association
A study that examined the benefits and risks of eating fish found that current advice may be undermining consumer confidence, preventing people gaining the undisputed nutritional benefits of regular f...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016