UK: NFU calls on commission to tackle issue of consumer confidence in European beef
NFU President Ben Gill has called on the European Commission to turn its full attention to the job of restoring consumer confidence in beef in Europe. In a forthright letter sent ahead of tomorrow's beef meeting in Brussels* Mr Gill says proving to the public that EU safety measures are fully in place to prevent the feeding of meat and bone meal to cattle and to ensure risk material is being removed from meat in Europe must be its first priority.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre