UK: NFU concerned at sugar factory closures
The NFU has called for urgent talks with British Sugar following its announcement this morning that it is to close three of its UK sugar processing plants. Farmers providing sugar beet to factories in Ipswich in Suffolk and Bardney in Lincolnshire will be directly affected this year, and those delivering to Kidderminster in the West Midlands at the end of the 2001/2002 campaign.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target