UK: NFU concerned at sugar factory closures
The NFU has called for urgent talks with British Sugar following its announcement this morning that it is to close three of its UK sugar processing plants. Farmers providing sugar beet to factories in Ipswich in Suffolk and Bardney in Lincolnshire will be directly affected this year, and those delivering to Kidderminster in the West Midlands at the end of the 2001/2002 campaign.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin