UK: NFU raises Foot and Mouth animal welfare alarm with Minister
The NFU Wednesday (7 March) continued a series of urgent talks with Government to discuss the control of foot and mouth and stress the welfare problems caused by animals being trapped on farms due to movement restrictions. More and more reports are coming in from farmers worried about their livestock with pregnant ewes and cows lacking access to shelter and birthing facilities and pig housing problems at the top of the list of concerns.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival