UK: NFU urges farmers to claim dairy cash
The NFU has urged dairy farmers not to miss out on the £2.5 million agrimoney compensation which is still available by failing to submit forms on time or correctly.The Intervention Board has revealed that a large number of eligible farmers have not yet applied for the aid - which was won at the March Downing Street farming summit - despite the fact that the deadline is fast approaching. NFU Milk and Dairy Produce Committee Chairman Terrig Morgan urged farmers to get their forms in by 31 October and to make sure they return the whole form, after checking the details. The Intervention Board says that more than 2,000 of the eligible 29,000 farmers have not yet returned their forms. Mr Morgan said: "Dairy farmers are entitled to this money and we are very concerned that some have not come forward to claim it. With the situation so dire in the industry at the moment, every penny counts."A total of £22 million agrimoney compensation has been made available to the industry to producers to compensate for the strength of the pound.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review